Cash Incentives Service Entry Procedure (Youth only)
This procedure explains how to record the 467-Cash Incentives service in a timely fashion to avoid issues that can lead to disallowed cost. As of 7/1/2021 please record the 467-Cash Incentive service code on the date the incentive was earned, not the date it was paid out. The cash incentive must be earned before the exit date. Providing a cash incentive after the exit date is incorrect. Incentive payments after exit is not allowed and will be considered a disallowed cost.
Service code 467-Cash Incentives (same day service): Incentive payments to youth participants are permitted for recognition and achievement of milestones directly tied to training activities, work experiences, or education. Such incentives for achievement could include improvements marked by acquisition of a credential or other successful outcomes.
- Must have Non-Enrolling Activities 468, 469 & 470 (or 413-ISS service prior to 3/10/2023) AND must be provided with one of the Youth Element Services.
- Same day service (must be opened and closed on the same date).
- Not an active service, meaning it does not extend the exit date.
- Is not a support service and cannot be provided after exit.
NOTE: Please follow updated Service Matrix for Youth & Supportive Services to select appropriate services. Service Matrix LINK: https://workforceboard.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050548012-
- Client has an established ISS with objectives related to the client’s goal to be a retail worker. Client had a Leadership Development service (427 active service) opened on June 25, 2022, to complete a group project by June 30, 2022, that will help the client gain transferable skills. If the payout was not until July 7, 2022 (a week later), the service should be June 30, 2022, because it is when the actual incentive was earned.
- The leadership development project was successful and closed on June 30,2022. The client had a service opened for 467 Cash Incentives (not an active service but a same day service) on June 30, 2022, for completing the successfully the project and is earned on that day.
- The 467 Cash Incentive service date should line up with the end date of whatever service the participant completed to earn the incentive. See screen shot below.