IBIS FACT SHEET
- An IBIS will be required for:
- All *family members 18 years of age and over that are INCLUDED on the “Family Income” screen. Do not list people not considered family members, such as, cousins, uncles, aunts, grandparents, and god parents, family friends, etc…
- Any applicant 18 years or older with a self-attestation stating the applicant does not have income or that applicant is reporting themselves as self-employed.
- Applicants who provide a check stub(s) as proof of income and the year-to-date amount on the check stub(s) fails to cover the entire prior six month period.
- Any participant 18 years of age and over with no income and produces a “room and board” letter requires:
- An applicant statement indicating there is no income.
- An IBIS report for the applicant.
- The applicant is considered a family of one.
- An IBIS will not be required for anyone who falls into the following categories:
- Food Stamps (SNAP)
- Homelessness (Any applicant 18 years old or older and who is temporarily living with anyone other than their spouse or parents is considered Homeless and should simply provide a written self-attestation stating they are homeless and temporarily residing with that person. No IBIS is necessary.
- Foster Child
- 5% Window (youth)
- Self-Reported Income Attestation (not allowable for income eligibility or priority of service determination)
- Please note: All youth 17 years of age and younger are required to prove parent’s or guardian’s income. If a parent claims no income, an IBIS is required.
* Family Members are two or more persons related by blood, marriage or decree of court, who are living in a single residence, and are included in one or more of the following categories:
(A) A married couple and dependent children.
(B) A parent or guardian and dependent children.
(C) A married couple.