In-Program Employment Tracking Procedure
Every customer that obtains unsubsidized employment while being an active client in the WIOA program must have their employment recorded in the WIOA “Add Employment” bar. Unsubsidized employment includes On-the-Job Training (OJT). Also include any employment that you verify through Mondat, IWDS, or other sources. Please follow the procedures below after you have obtained employment verification. Please Note: Employment added in this Employment Bar will not transfer to IWDS. Only employment attached to Exit or Follow Up will go to IWDS.
The “Add Employment” bar can be found under “staff profiles > case management > programs > click on the (+) WIOA Application> Add Employment”.
Reminder: Only unsubsidized employment (including OJT) obtained while participating in WIOA should be recorded in the “add employment” bar. Prior employment should be captured under “my individual profile> personal profile> background> employment history> add employment
- Click on Add Employment and fill in the Employer Name. Click on the “Verify” link and select the appropriate Employer Verification Documentation.
- Please note that larger companies are prepopulated and may appear as you type the Employer Name. If the correct employer appears, click on it to pre-populate the employment address, contact information, and industry information. Edit any information as necessary related to your client’s specific placement.
- Complete all employment information. Note you cannot save the employment record without completing the fields with a red asterisk *.
When entering the Industry Code, click on Search for NAICS Code and enter a key word and click search
Enter the occupation code by clicking on the “Select Occupation” link.
- Please list all job duties for the job title entered.
- Career Connect will set the Training-Related Employment based on whether or not the customer received training (under WIOA) and if the ONET Code from the Training Service Record matches the ONET Code of the job. Staff may update this field if the Career Connect does not auto set it correctly.
- Selecting “Yes” for “Add to Employment History” will copy the job to the customer’s background (my individual profile> personal profile> background> employment history).
Now that the employment has been entered you can update the resume, begin tracking your client and plan for a closure. You will be able to select this job as the job at Closure/Exit.