1N & 1E Eligibility & Service Procedure
National Dislocated Worker Grant (NDWG or 1N) and State Rapid Response Additional Assistance Eligibility (1E) grants are resources for serving additional Dislocated Workers whom might have been affected at a national level or in a higher scale due to specific lay-off events. Each NDWG or 1E grant has specific criteria. In addition, 1N and 1E grants are usually temporary and are not received every Program Year.
The purpose of this procedure is to explain how to enroll and track dislocated customers who are receiving services through NDWG and 1E grants. Only agencies receive 1N or 1E Funding should attach customers to this grant.
Procedures for Adding 1N or 1E Eligibility
- For new customers, enter the customer registration and WIOA application in Career Connect as a Dislocated Worker. Use any Dislocated Worker Category. For existing Dislocated Workers who are being added to a 1E or 1N grant, start with step 2 below.
2. On the Eligibility and Grants screen of the application certify the customer for the “National Dislocated Worker Grant NDWG” for 1N OR “Statewide Rapid Response Additional Assistance Eligibility” for 1E, and attach the application to the applicable 1N or 1E Grant.
3. For 1N grantees, select “Yes” for National Dislocated Worker Grant (NDWG).
4. Then scroll down and click “Add” to attach the customer to the applicable NDWG (1N) grant. If there is more than one grant, please confirm the grant number to ensure that you are selecting the correct one.
5. For 1E eligibility, select “Yes” for “State Rapid Response Additional Assistance Eligibility”.
6. Scroll down and click “Add” to attach the customer to the applicable 1E grant. If there is more than one grant, please confirm the grant number to ensure that you are selecting the correct one.
7. Once you “Add” the applicable grant, the Grants section of the screen will update as displayed below. If the option to “Remove” the grant does not display, then the customer has not been properly added to the grant.
8. Once the customer has been attached to the applicable grant, click “Finish” to save. You will now be able to add 1N or 1E services for the customer.
Procedures for Adding 1N or 1E Services
- Go to the WIOA Activities/Enrollments/Services screen & click “Create Activity/Enrollment/Service”.
2. Select the appropriate Customer Program Group:
- Select Stateside Rapid Response Add’l Assistance if the service is being attached to a 1E grant.
- Select National Dislocated Worker Grant (NDWG) if the service is being attached to a 1N grant.
3. Scroll to Enrollment Information section and add the appropriate Grant. (This step is unique to 1N & 1E services.)
4. In the State Specific Information section, select the 1N or 1E grant again for State Fund. As shown in this example, the grant names may not match, so you must make sure that the State Fund number match the Grant number selected in the Enrollment Information section.
5. Complete the rest of the service data entry as you would for any other WIOA service.