Recording Shared Placements
The purpose of Shared Placements is to record and track when an agency places another agency’s WIOA customer in a job. In such cases both the owning/case managing agency and the agency that does the job placement get credit for the placement. These procedures explain how to record shared placements in Career Connect and how to run a shared placement report.
When to Enter a Shared Placement
Enter a shared placement in Career Connect only when:
- The customer has actually been placed in a job and employment has been verified.
- The customer was placed by your Agency or Center but is receiving WIOA career coaching services from another Partnership WIOA-funded Agency.
Note in this example The Partnership would like to be clear that even if the Placing Agency does not have a youth contract and places a youth, the Placing Agency can still take credit for the placement on their monthly report on the Adult Program Exploding Plan under either the Placements or Shared Placements benchmarks.
How to Enter a Shared Placement
- The Placing Agency/Office (Moraine Valley Community College, in this example) should find the customer in Career Connect and go to Activities/Enrollments/Services bar. (Staff Profile > Case Management Profile > Programs > WIOA > Activities/Enrollments/Services)
- Click on “Create Activity/Enrollment/Service” and add a “Shared Placement – Same Day Service” as follows.
- In the General Information section, select the applicable customer group and select the Placing Agency’s Office (in this case its Moraine Valley Community College).
4. In the Enrollment Information section, select the appropriate Service Activity Level (Career Services for Adult/DW, Work Related Services for Youth) and the Shared Placement Activity Code (232 for Adult/DW, 424 for Youth).
5. The service Actual Start Date should be the day the employment started. Since this is a Same Day Service, the Projected End Date must be the same as the Actual Start Date.
6. Complete the remainder of the screen, as applicable, and click “Next” to go to the Enrollment Service Provider Information page.
7. Select the Placing Agency (Moraine Valley Community College, in this example) as the Provider with the appropriate Provider Location. Choose Office Services for Services. Enter the Occupational Code. Lastly, select the Relationship number that ends in 200 – this is the Shared Placement Relationship number.
8. Click “Next” to go to the service “Closure Information” screen and complete the screen as follows:
- Enter the “Last Activity Date” which must be the same as the Actual Start Date because this is a Same Day Service.
- Select the “Completion Code”
- For Youth only, select and verify the school status on the service end date.
- Add and save a Case Note indicating that this is a shared placement in the subject line. The case note should include the name and address of the Employer where the customer was placed, the customer’s position and wage and any other appropriate details. (See sample case note below.)
- Click “Finish” to save the service.
9. This is how the service will display on the Activities/Enrollments/Services Screen:
10. Go to the WIOA Employment bar and add the job, if it is not already there. (See the “In Program Employment Tracking Procedures” on the help desk site for step-by-step instructions.) The job start date should match the Shared Placement service Actual Start Date.
11. Be sure to communicate regularly with the customer’s Career Coach to keep them abreast of your job placement activity. Also, make sure to enter the service and job information as soon as you learn that the customer was placed, and prior to the Agency of Responsibility exiting the customer.
Run the following report to view your agency’s shared placements.
- Go to Detailed Reports > Services Reports section > Services Provided Individuals > List
- Set the report filters as follows:
- Program: Title I – Workforce Development (WIOA)
- Customer Group: select as needed; leave as “None Selected” for all customer groups
- Office Location: select your Office
- Activity/Service Code: Hold down the “Ctrl” key and select service codes 232 (Adult/DW) and 424 (youth)
- Date Filter: Actual Begin Date
- Date Range: select your desired date range
- Click “Run Report”
- If the “Shared Placement” was entered correctly, the “Office” and “Provider” columns will show the Office that provided the Shared Placement service. The “Office of Responsibility” will show the office that “owns” the participant.