In early 2023, the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity (DCEO) created an updated WIOA Title IB Service Matrix to provide better clarity and standardization of services and definitions across the state. The Partnership updated its Career Connect Service Matrix and the Career Connect data system to align with DCEO and IWDS (the state WIOA data system of record).
Click here to access the materials and recording from DCEO's 2/9/2023 WIOA Title IB Services Matrix: Overview for Title IB Programs & Grantees webinar: https://ilworkforceacademy.com/workforce-wednesday-webinars-2023/
ADDED 4/10/2023: A Service Changes FAQ document is attached for download.
Adult & Dislocated Worker Services:
Effective Feb. 24, 2023 the new Adult & Dislocated Worker Services are in effect in Career Connect. On 4/10/2023 two additional (rarely used) Adult & DW Training services were removed due to additional DOL and DCEO guidance:
- UPDATED 4/10/2023: The the attached "CC WIOA Services Definitions Matrix (Protected) 04-10-2023" Excel document includes the new Adult/DW Career, Adult/DW Training, Support Service and Follow-up Service Tabs.
- Also attached is the presentation from the 2/22/2023 Adult Dislocated Service Changes webinar.
- Click here to access a recording of the 2/22/2023 webinar: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/5105999387821856861
Youth Services (Updated 4/3/2023):
Effective March 10, 2023 the new Youth Services are in effect in Career Connect.
- The attached "CC WIOA Services Definitions Matrix (Protected) 04-10-2023" Excel document includes the new Youth Service tab.
- The presentations from the 3/1/2023 Youth Part 1, 3/8/2023 Youth Part 2, and 3/30/2023 Youth Update webinars are attached.
- To view the recording of the Part 1 webinar: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/8219172004024411992
- To view the recording of the Part 2 webinar: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/7012969265602010197
- To view the recording of the Youth Service Update webinar: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/8971931749900376322
Additional Services Resources:
Also attached are additional procedures for entering specific types of services:
- Apprenticeship Service Procedure: please see this procedure for how to enter Registered and Non-Registered Apprenticeship services that are funded through WIOA Title I, including those funded by ITAs and OJTs.
- UPDATED 03/08/2023! ISTEP & OJT Service & Report Materials:
- ISTEP & OJT Service Procedure: Use this procedure to correctly enter the ISTEP & OJT WIOA participant services in Career Connect. The procedure also includes instructions for how to run an OJT service report.
- ISTEP & OJT Service Webinar Presentation: slide deck from the 2/28/2022 webinar on ISTEP & OJT services and OJT report. You can access the recorded webinar here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/4205348723193259275
- Procedure for closing service codes 211 & 418 opened prior to October 2020